Sunday, September 13, 2009

Eat an Apple……………


Things to do on the first day of September

√ Smile (I love this time of year)

√ Take pictures with new camera that I got for my birthday early because boy child spilled the beans

√ Watch “You’ve Got Mail”

√ Plan a Football Party (LSU @ Washington Saturday September 5th) (Go LSU!!!!)

√ Make Carmel Popcorn (see recipe below)

√ Eat an Apple (fresh from Verd’s Fruit Stand

√ Buy skinny jeans (with $10 off coupon from Chico’s for birthday) (or dream about it) (if my 74 year old mother can wear them so can I) (and she looked great!)

√ Watch my son play flag football (get eaten by many mosquitoes. Boo)

√ Ride the “Simple City”

√ Have Cinnamon Toast


√ Snuggle with “Emptythetrash”


√ Say prayers

Wow! Good Day!


Book of the Month-“The Host”

(giving everyone another month to read this one. Soooo good!) Please tell me what you think.

Movie of the Month-“You’ve Got Mail”

Recipe of the Month-

Pumpkin Carmel Popcorn (everyone should make this popcorn this weekend and watch “You’ve Got Mail” while eating it. Fun, right?)


Pumpkin Caramel Popcorn-

1 cup light Karo Syrup
1 stick butter (no margarine allowed)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
3 to 4 bags microwave popcorn or equivalent

Cook to softball stage and pour over popcorn
Eat while watching “You’ve Got Mail”

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting this blog again. I really like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you are back! I am so happy!! love this post! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your pictures mom! i'm happy to see you taking them, documenting your day through visual aids, as well as words :) did you notice my friend gabbi is following you? she's a doll, you will love her!

    ReplyDelete